Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wednesday August 17, 2011 ( PART II )

Whoa. Don't even know how to start this entry. This is Kimberly and I am going to update this just to keep you all in the loop. First let me say that as I type this, mom is fine. She is resting in bed, and dad is sitting on the holding her hand whispering sweet nothings in her ear.

Troy and I came up tonight together. When we arrived mom , dad and Carmen were outside sitting where mom could see the flowers and get fresh air.

She had to be back up to her room about 9:00 to get unhooked so she could take a shower before starting her next infusion.

Troy, dad and Carmen were visiting in the room and I took mom into the shower to help her shower. She was tired and I wanted to get in and out. The bathrooms do not have a fan and they get warm fast. As we were toweling her off her breathing was becoming labored. I started to get concerned and asked her if I should get Carmen in to help as well. She insisted she was fine and I tried to hurry. I was down on my knees putting her legs in the pant legs and asked her to hold on tight to the towel bar and not let go. I sensed that she was not doing well more than really noticed anything and started yelling for dad and Troy. I did not think I could hold her if she passed out. I stood up and held her around the waist until dad got to her. Troy came in behind her and dad. Just as dad wrapped her in his big embrace she went out cold. Even though she was out and went limp in dad's arms, she would not let go of the bar. ( Good girl, listened well. Too well) Dad kept asking her to let go but she couldn't or wouldn't. Troy had to pry her finger off the bars. Dad was scooped down low and was trying to get her to walk. She was out and her legs wouldn't move. He had some crazy adrenaline and stood straight up with her and carried her across the room to the bed. She scared us pretty good. She was out for about 2 minutes , totally unresponsive, eyes open and super pale. Carm had hit the emergency button during the chaos and about 9 nurses and staff rushed the room.

Within minutes they were taking her blood pressure which was 80/50. She started having dry heaves within seconds of coming to. Next came the blood work, ekg, oxygen and visit from a surgeon to evaluate her for stoke.

They determined that she was most likely dehydrated and the warmth from the shower coupled with being weak caused her to pass out. We have had a lot of attention in the last 3 hours and mom is doing a better and ready to sleep.

They are keeping a very close eye on her and will continue to do so throughout the night. I feel confidant she is stable now. She is hooked up to more fluid, nutrition and on her way to better hydration.

Please pray for them to have a very uneventful day tomorrow. This was not a fun way for her to end her day. She needs some encouragement and an end to the nausea so she can keep her food down and natural hydration.

I apologize if this is confusing. It's late. :)

Love and appreciate you all so much for your love and support.

Kimberly and family


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Loved Ones, what a night! That must have been upsetting to not know what was happening and to feel so helpless. Thank God that she has stabilized, getting hydrated and nourished now. I pray that all of you have a restful night...no more nausea for your beautiful Mother and tomorrow a new beginning. God Bless and watch over you my dear friend Ladeva, cousin Warren and family. Love, Phil and Charlotte

Anonymous said...

i knew that there was a reason that i couldn't sleep. i was so restless and had to keep praying for my sis tonight.
so at 1:00 a.m. i got back on the computer just to check and see if there was a new message. i knew that something was going on..just didn't know what.
well God bless you all for being there for her and for the staff that jumped on it and got her stabilized.
hope you can all get some rest tonight..
dear God!!!!!! please take this suffering away from dee. let her rest and heal tonight....
love you all. djkz

Jeane Z said...

As I read this blog and comments by others I am absolutely amazed at the love, caring, and the support of your family, Dee,friends, church, and of course medical people.
Throughout the pain and setbacks and the unknown, God's love shines through all. Prayerfully, Jeane Zyzniewski

Anonymous said...

With tears I can only say, Keep trusting, He is faithful even when we do not understand. We love you all. Sandy B

Anonymous said...

Sweet Diva, It breaks my heart to hear of this troubled time you had yesterday!!!! Times like this are so fearful and difficult and I know leave you all feeling helpless and exhausted. I pray for you Diva and your wonderful family! The love you all have for each other and everyone else in your lives is precious and a beautiful example of living in the Lord. I pray you all are able to get some rest and relief. I know that the Lord has you all in his hands. God loves you and he cares for each of you. My love is sent to you all Linda H

Anonymous said...

hey sis, good morning...
just gettin on here to see if there is anything new. will call later today. i love you sis and pray for a good day for you..

Anonymous said...

I have never before seen a man that looks upon his wife with so much love in his eyes as Dad does when he looks at you. Total commitment and willful surrender to the love of his life. I know you already know this, but that man adores and cherishes you, and would walk this road for you if he could.
Never hurts to hear it again.
I love you Mom!

Anonymous said...

Dear Deva and Family:
When I talked to Deva this morning
I sensed a measure of hope in her
voice. There are times of tribulation when even the greatest
feel discouraged. John the Baptist
who had declared upon seeing Jesus
"Behold the Lamb of God who takes
away the sin of the world" is the
same man who sent word to Jesus to
ask Him if he was the one who was
to come or should we look for
another. Even this great man of God who was born for the purpose
of being a fore-runner of the
Savior felt alone and abandoned.
Jesus cried out "My God, My God
why have You forsaken me?" But
even our human hearts sometimes
doubt God knows our hearts and
He will send you a sign to let
you know that He sees and cares.
Keep looking and searching for
that small cloud that will show
you that His rain of Blessing is
comming. It ws so wonderful to
hear you today Deva. Keep watching
The answer is comming. Love Dino

Anonymous said...

DEAR DEVA:
I LOVE YOU. I TOO WAS AWAKE A LOT LAST NIGHT. WHEN I WOKE UP THIS MORNING, I TOLD DALE I WAS AWAKE A LOT, BUT IT GAVE ME TIME TO PRAY FOR YOU, DONNA, AND DEAN. I KNOW THAT GOD HEARS US. PLEASE REMEMBER TO KEEP REPEATING...: GOD, I BELIEVE" SATAN CAN NOT BEAR TO HEAR HIS NAME OR JESUS SPOKEN OUT LOUD. SO DRIVE HIM CRAZY. I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY AND CAN GO OUTSIDE AGAIN FOR VITAMIN D AND SUNSHINE. I LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH LITTLE SISTER...EDDIE

Anonymous said...

My dear sweet friend,
I pray for you. May God bring you comfort and healing.
You are in the right place to be, at UW. I am so thankful that you are not at home, but there, where you may get IV hydration and nutrition, and wheel chair accessible shower, and when you needed it, immediate medical attention. I pray that God will strengthen you and guide the doctors and staff with your care.
Your family is wonderful, so loving and caring. I know how much you love them too.
I pray for a much better day today.
Love always,
Cindy R.

Anonymous said...

I BELIEVE!!!!!!
WE BELIEVE!!!!!
BELIEVE!!!!!!!!



hey there is always a little squiggly word here that you have to copy and this one says
"prayse"..perfect!

Anonymous said...

Hello Ducky! Why are you giving those doctors such a hard time? Don't you know they have no sense of humor!!!! They keep the ones that don't get better. Linda is here with me, and we are considering taking turns when you arive home, she can lift 20 lbs. but I can only lift 10. Whatever you need in that weight catagory count us in!!! We're planning on painting and eating and eating you want to come? hehehe We need you. You are part of the fabulous four!!! Anxious for you to get home, Linda and I are planning that pj party you always talked about. Love you love you love ya
Your bud Jeanzie

Anonymous said...

YOU ALREADY KNOW:)
djkz

Anonymous said...

Hello Duckie,
What would we do w/o this pipeline to you? Thank you girls, it is fantastic!
I am getting ready for my 1/2 mile walkie around Jims development. How bout that Duckie? Today is overcast & cool. I walk in the morning and the late evening. Last night Jim walked w/ me.
Tomorrow when I call art class, I will pass the word to pray that your stomach starts working properly.
All I know for sure is that you are going to get out of there soon. Must believe that, right?
You are loved and missed lil girl.
I would make it all better if I could...you know that. Remember when we were talking once and all i would ask for if given the chance was healing hands? I still want that and you would be #1. Jeanzie