Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wed., August 17th

I sit here really not knowing what or how to write. I really don't have much change to report. Part of me wants to gripe and vent. Yet on the other hand, we have had some sweet blessings today.
It is so difficult watching Mama be so miserable and sick. She had made some small bits of progress yesterday and we were feeling hopeful. However, last night she had a nurse that did not embrace some of the changes being tried by the shift prior and argued with us about almost everything. Regardless, Mama's nausea got worse under his watch and she is still trying to recover from the set backs. As you can imagine, her stomach, sides and back are very sore from day after day of this. Fortunately, the doctors listened to our concerns and complaints. They agreed and adjusted her orders to reflect the previous plan as well as changed her to oral meds that are easy to take and she can eventually be sent home with. Please continue to pray that the Lord will give the doctors and nurses wisdom regarding her nausea.
Radiology came and did the ultrasound of Mama's right kidney about 4pm today. We are still waiting to hear the results.
The highlight of our day came with an unexpected visit. The nurse's assistant today is one of our friends made several years ago during Mama first bout with cancer. We also have a friend from housekeeping. This morning our nursing assistant friend was in Mama's room, when our friend from housekeeping came with the pastor of her church. She had called him and asked him to come pray for Mama. We had the sweetest time of prayer together. (Mama, Daddy, myself, our two friends and her pastor.) We felt so blessed. It brought tears to Mama to think how much God loves us, that He would bring them to her today.
We do not have a discharge date yet, but we are hoping and praying for this to get resolved so she can go home soon. Thank you for your love and concern for Mama, Daddy and our family. We are truly thankful for each of you.
With love,
Carmen & family

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When i went to the office to see what was on the agenda for today i found that the boss had left some more sticky notes for me to get off to you..
so here are your messages for the day:
1. Ps. 91:16
I will satisfy you with a long life!!!!
2. Isa. 38, 16 &20
I will recover you and make you live a good life!!!!
3. Isa. 57:19
I will heal you!!!!
so it looks like He has his agenda for the day,
I did my job and now your job is to to rest, keep the faith and know that He is working on your healing!!!!
wonder what He has planned for us tomorrow???
i believe that it is only gonna get better from here on out!!! cause that's the way He is..and nobody does it better...
i wish i could tell you how much i love you Dee but there are no words.. there are just no words.. but i just know that you can feel it in your heart...cause i'm right there with you all the time.
djkz

Anonymous said...

HI DEVA, YOU KNOW THAT I AM NOT GOOD WITH WORD. BUT I AM LIKE DONNA, WORDS CAN`T TELL YOU HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU. I KNOW THAT GOD LOVES YOU MORE. SO I AM ASKING HIM TO TAKE CARE OF YOU AND I KNOW THAT HE WILL. I AM WAITING TO HEAR FROM DONNA NOW.
WITH LOTS OF LOVE.BROTHER FROG

Anonymous said...

Dear Ladeva: I don't write each day, but I do begin every day, first thing, by reading your blog to see how things are going, then I begin the prayers of the day for you. Wish I could have been there for your prayer time with the pastor that came. May God bless you this night with rest. Peggy

Anonymous said...

The other day I was cleaning my bathroom which isn't my favorite job, but before I could even 'think' a negative thought about it, I 'saw' you in the hospital and thought, "Ladeva would most likely be happy to be at home cleaning her bathroom." My prayer for you today is that you will SOON be at home, puttering in your yard, smelling your flowers, resting in your favorite chair... totally free from the pain and nausea, and discouragment that you've been enduring. Love to you from me and Mighty Love to you from Jesus. Sylvia

Anonymous said...

you are the first thing i think of in the morning and the last thing that i think of each night before i go to sleep and when i think of you i pray for you..
just wanted to say i love you and hope that you sleep well.
you don't have to worry about anything because God's got the night shift covered:)
love ya sis.
djkz