Sunday, August 28, 2011

August 28th, 2011


As with many things in life, the anticipation of an event is often greater than the event itself. For Mom, knowing that today the epidural would be capped off and then removed was providing some significant anxiety. Having conditioned her response to this anxiety to be prayer, Mom quietly prayed for the Holy Spirit to manifest Himself to her in a way to make the fear subside. The answer to this request was delivered subtlety, but was heard loud and clear. Mom’s nurse for the day came in to introduce herself, check Mom’s vitals and other routine duties. Mom felt better seeing the name CHRISTine on the white board. Next came in Mom’s PCT for the day, which is a very large but gentle man named EMMANUEL (meaning “God with us”). God is forever faithful to His people to quite their fears when they call upon His name.
Mom was out of bed for 2 ½ hours this morning, went for a little walk, sat in a chair, and ate some breakfast. It seems odd to mention such things as these as accomplishments, but when you have not been able to do any of these things for 26 days, it is cause for celebration. Dad received further treatment on administering the TPN if it is needed when they finally get home. Dad was patient, steady, thorough, and ready for action if required. We hope that with the food intake that Mom is currently on, that the TPN will not be required at home. Either way, home is the immediate goal, with TPN being a much smaller variable.
The days seem a bit of a roller coaster at times, as one minute or hour Mom feels a little better, and the next worse, but for the moment (3:00 pm) she is semi-comfortable and trying to eat some more.
At present, we are sitting here listing out our favorite scriptures and promises found in God’s Word. Mom and Dad have shared numerous scriptures that renew their strength and hope daily. It has been fun, especially once you get past the commonly used scriptures for circumstances like this. If I could request one thing more from all of you who are reading this blog, please post your favorite scripture or promise from the Bible for Mom and Dad to look up together and meditate upon. With Mom feeling a bit better, the hours tend to drag even more so and this would provide them with an activity as well as it will bless them with your favorite scriptures.
Thank you for your continued prayer, postings, cards, and labors of love,
Troy & Family

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ladeva,
2 timothy 1:7
It's great to hear another good day.
Love you,
Rex

Anonymous said...

TO MY DEAR SISTER LADEVA,IT IS GOOD TO READ THE BLOG. I HAD READ IT EARLY AND THEN JAN TOLD ME THAT TROY HAD PUT A NEW ONE UP. THAT BOY IS OK.
I HOPE YOU GET LOTS OF SCRIPTURES TO READ. TRY ISAIAH 41:10
HEY I BET THAT YOU DID`NT KNOW THAT I LOVED YOU, DID YOU?? I PRAY THAT YOU HAVE A GOOD NIGHT.
LOVE FROG AND JAN

Anonymous said...

Dear Ladeva,
Psalm 56:3
I love hearing these great posts!
Love you, nite-nite,
Cindy R.

Anonymous said...

Dear Warren & Deva:
I read this promise in Isaiah 26:3-4 tonight and it blessed me. You
will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. Trust
in the Lord forever, for in YAH
is everlasting strength. I'm heading for Seattle tomorrow &
will call you. Love Dino

Anonymous said...

HEY YOU,
SO GLAD THAT YOU ARE PERKING AGAIN!!!! YEAH THAT'S WHAT WE'RE TALKIN ABOUT!!!
I ENJOYED READING THE OTHER SCRIPTURES AS WELL...
CHECK OUT JER. 33:6, NOW THAT'S WHAT GOD'S TALKIN ABOUT!!!!!
I LOVE YOU LIKE CRAZY!!!!!!
djkz

Anonymous said...

Good evening loved ones,
Phil just walked into the room and asked if there was anything new on the Blog. Such good news, to bed we go with a smile on our face and a peaceful feeling in our heart just knowing you had a better day! Home sweet home is getting closer!!!! God Bless and watch over you my friend..Love Always, Phil and Charlotte

Anonymous said...

I was also going to mention Isaiah 26! Laura Story (the artist who sings Blessings) sings a beautiful song called Perfect Peace and another called Faithful God I listen to them when I need comfort which usually means a few time per day lol!! I highly recommend looking them up on YouTube!!

I know it is more of a "Go To" verse, but John 14:27 is one of my very favorites and has pulled me through many a dark and frightened moment!! Have Kimberly tell you about Pastor Gordie's Trump Card sermon!!

I am so deeply thankful to see that you are making such wonderful strides Ladeva!!! I love reading about the simple things you are accomplishing because they are such huge victories and such answers to prayer!! I could cry and sing at the same time over half a turkey sandwich!!!

His Peace be with you!

Mariah

Anonymous said...

Diva and Warren, I opened my little book today and behold. Psalm 91:14-16 . Have a wonderful day I tried to paint but did the old wipe off act hehehe! I can feel your happiness to be feeling better all the way to Centralia. Thats good vibs! I love you my dear! Give Warren a big hug....I'm such a hugger.. Love you and I praise the Lord for each gift he gives us each day. Love Linda H Jo wants you to know she loves you and prays continually for you!

Anonymous said...

Ladeva,
My favorite scripture is Luke 1:38
Mary is being told she is to be the 'virgin' mother of Jesus, her savior. she responds in faith believing what God Said is true.
With this truth in my spirit I can truly trust HIS WORD to produce God's very best for me. I hope this verse encourages you too. We are all like Mary as belivers, its impossible in ourselves/or the world, but SURE and TRUE, when the LIVING WORD comes alive in "me"
what a wonderful activity to share and encourage one another with God's Word.
love ya all!
lindalu

Connie said...

Psalm 61: 2-4

From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.

Love, Connie S.