Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday, August 29th

I apologize for a brief update, but I have a bad headache and am finding it hard to even look at the computer. Last night and this morning was difficult. Mama was feeling sick and throwing up. This afternoon was much better. She still doesn't feel much like eating and her stomach has had waves of nausea off and on. This morning, Mama's newest incision site was starting to show redness and they were concerned about infection so she began taking antibiotics. There was quite a bit of discouragement when I got here this morning, but God has showered us with His love throughout the day and spirits are lifted. Here are several of the blessings He gave: One of the nurses assistants came and looked in the room earlier this morning and asked Mama how she was doing. Long story short, she was literally an answer to prayer. She is a really sweet Christian lady and she came in and helped Mama and put her arms around her and prayed over her and for Daddy. This afternoon, Mama & Daddy's pastor and his family stopped by to bring her flowers, encouragement and prayed with us. This evening, Uncle Dean and Aunt Elaine came to visit, encourage and pray. Then add in several phone calls of love, encouragement and prayers. God sent just what was needed. Thank you Lord.
With love,
Carmen and family

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saying 'amen' to all the scriptures and prayers winging your way. One I've clung to for years: "--I KNOW whom I have believed, and am persuaded that HE is ABLE to KEEP that which I've committed unto HIM.." 11 Tim. 1:12 b. (It is also a song). Over & over He has KEPT His Word, His promises, my children, my husband, my hand, my heart. He never leaves, He never forsakes. Praying for an END to the nausea, Ladeva, and for you to have the kind of rest that strengthens and heals. Sylvia