Thursday, August 4, 2011

Evening Update - August 4th

I cannot express how grateful we are for all the prayers for Mama and our family. We are seeing many answers to prayer.


  • Doctors feel the surgery went well and Mama's progressing well.

  • Mama's pain is moderate and under control.

  • Her nausea is much better controlled as well.

  • Her blood sugar is stabilizing, so her pokes for blood sugar testing have been extended to every 2 hours. (It was every 15 minutes for several hours today, which was exhausting with everything else going on as well. Not to mention her poor little fingers are getting sore.)

  • She is getting a little bit of sleep now. With everyone coming into her room all night and day, she didn't sleep much. They expect to not have to come in and disturb her but every 1 to 2 hours. It's so good to see her resting.

  • Mama has had excellent nurses and care. The staff has been wonderful. Everyone is so kind and compassionate to her as well as the family.

  • We are experiencing God's peace in the midst of our storm.

  • Even though we didn't get much sleep, God has given us strength.
Tonight's challenge is her feeding tube. The nutrition pump was added late this evening. The nutrition is fed at a very slow rate, but it was still causing her to gag and feel sick. Elevating the head of her bed up to a sitting position seems to be helping and she is resting now. They are not sure how her body will ultimately respond to the feeding tube, but it is very important that she get the nutrition since they are resting the stomach and there is no food by mouth for now.

She also has a really sore throat. It could be partly from the breathing tube during surgery, but they think it most likely is from the oxygen drying out her throat. They unhooked her oxygen tonight and her levels look good. So hopefully they will stay up and her throat can recover quickly.

We appreciate your continued prayers.

With love,
Carmen and family

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My continued prayers for you my sweet friend. May God continue to bless you with his healing care.
I love you!!!
Cindy
(Thank you so much for the postings.)

Anonymous said...

DEAR, DEAR LADEVA: HOW MY HEART ACHES FOR YOU RIGHT NOW, BUT YOU WILL SOON BE BETTER, AND WALKING ALL OVER THE CORRIDORS. YOU ARE SO LOVED. MARIANNA

Anonymous said...

We all checked this at the Lighthouse yesterday Ladeva. So you are definitely all on our minds. I didn't even know this existed till Lee mentioned it. Now I don't have to bug Troy and Maria. We love and miss you Ladeva!

Deedee

Ruby and Ed Lord said...

Dear Ladeva, this morning, my prayers and thoughts are with you, and I was reading this scripture and thought of the testimony your life has been. Psalms 40: 1-3
"I waited for the Lord and he turned towards me and heard my supplication.
He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the mire of destruction, and set my feet upon a rock and established my goings. And he has put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God that many shall see it and rejoice and trust in the Lord"

Though we don't understand the trials we go through, with our faith in Christ, we shall be victorious over all things
Love you my sweet friend and our prayers will continue as well as those on our prayer chain.

Ruby and Ed Lord

Anonymous said...

THINKING OF YOU TODAY DARLIN...
WISHING I WAS THERE IN BODY AND
NOT JUST IN SPIRIT.
YOU ARE ONE DAY CLOSER TO BEING WELL!!!!!
BECAUSE OF GOD'S LOVE, AND MERCY AND GRACE, WE WILL OVERCOME THIS!!!!!
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH...
SPECIAL HUGS TO MR. D!!! HE AND I KNOW VERY WELL THAT THIS IS JUST ANOTHER BUMP IN THE ROAD..DON'T LIKE IT ONE LITTLE BUT BUT THIS TOO SHALL PASS...BECAUSE GOD RULES!!!!!!
I LOVE YOU DARLIN WOMAN,WHO MEANS THE WORLD TO ME..
djkz

Anonymous said...

TO MY DEAR SISTER, YOU ARE ON MY MIND NIGHT AND DAY, AND IN MY PRAYERS. WE HAD PRAYER THIS MORNING AT THE BIBLE STUDY AT 6:30 A.M. I THANK GOD FOR YOU AND KNOW THAT YOU WILL BE OK.
WARREN WE LOVE YOU ALSO. AND YOU ARE IN OUR PRAYER ALSO.THANK YOU GIRLS FOR KEEPING US UP TO DATE. YOU WILL BE BLESSED.
LOVE FROG AND JAN