Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wed., Aug. 10th - Evening update

It was a long day, but it is ending well. We have had multiple doctors visiting Mama throughout the day, with multiple opinions of what was wrong and what to do. She has had a lot of cramping and pain with some nausea most of the day. Her surgeon is on vacation now, so his associate Dr. Park has been making the final calls on her care. I have to say....we love Dr. Park! He has been wonderful. He finally got all the problems turned around and Mama is finally feeling better.
Mama is getting stronger every day. She has a long road of recovery ahead, but she is making progress each day. I read her blog comments to her, as we do each day, and she open up cards she has received in the mail. Mama said it was a big shot in the arm. She was moved by all the thoughtful words of kindness and encouragement and feels loved. When you show love to my Mama, you show love to our family. Thank you.
We have gotten two different opinions from doctors as to when she will be discharged from the hospital. Either Thursday or Friday....we will have to see how tomorrow goes. From here we will be going to Seattle Cancer Care Housing for about another 5 days. We are really looking forward to getting there. You never get much rest in the hospital, so we are looking forward to sleeping in real beds and catching up on sleep and rest.
Thank you for your continued prayers. They are being answered one by one. :)
With love,
Carmen & family

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ladeva,
It's great to hear that you've turned the corner and you are on the mend. I know that there is a lot of people praying for you and your family. That's the wonderful thing about prayer, anybody can do it and God always answers our prayers. You have a wonderful family and I'm so thankful for all that you have invested into them. Thanks for all of your loving and hugging. I look forward to the next time we get together.
Love you,
Rex

Anonymous said...

Diva, I am so very happy that the Lord sent Dr Park to you. I am overjoyed that you are starting to feel a bit better! Just remember how very much you are loved and missed when you are away!!!! Jeannie and Jo say hi and they love and miss you. Jeannie is doing better each day..she's another strong woman!!! Forever Friends Linda H Warren you are a blessing! I know how wonderful I felt when I woke up and saw Dale's face after my surgery! Love conquers all!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to get the latest update to report to everyone at the Lighthouse today, it is good things have turned around for you and you seem to be doing good. Thank you for being such an inspiration to us all! We love you Ladeva!

deedee

Cathy Williams said...

Yahoo!!! It is so nice to hear that the doctors are going to let you out. Thank you Lord!!!!

Anonymous said...

My sweet friend,
I am praying for your continued recovery. It will be so nice to have you home and close again.
Love you!
Cindy R.

Anonymous said...

Hi Duckie,
Pickled beets, spiced carrots, fried bread, salsa and pickles. That is just the beginning. We have so much to share and so far you have been helping me. All I have to offer is painting. So, my dear friend...we can get well together laughing, breaking out into song and sharing some more. How bout those cinnamon rolls we never got to. Ut oh....that's you sharing again. If I told you how much I love and miss you and how special you are to us, you would just pass it off as "ain't nuttin".
If I could, I would figure out how to carry you around on a velvet pillow to protect you. Heart to Heart. Jeanzie

Anonymous said...

Dear Cousin Deva,
Hi there my sweet Cousin Deva; I just finished re-reading all of your posted blogs, and comments.
There is no doubt in my military mind that you certainly do have an awful lot of supporters and well wishers praying for your recovery and well being! I am becoming a little bit concerned though that your fine husband Warren might need to take it a bit easier, before he places himself on the binnical list also? God bless you
my dear Cousin; and may you always sail on calm seas with following winds! I love you!
Cousin John

Anonymous said...

Dahlin Deva,
All have been in your corner on this one and praying like never before. You are loved, treasured, and are such an inspiration to all who have had contact with your lovely life. Thank God he made us cousins for life. DJ has been so good to keep us up to date as well as your sweet daughters. Know Warren has been right there every minute of the day and night. God bless him and thanks for having him as your best friend. We love you Deva and will continue to thank God for your recovery. Your journey is long but you are strong. God is there every step of the way. He is, after all, in control. What a blessing.
Lovin you Dahlin Deva
Jerry and Virginia xoxo