Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday, August 16th

Fourteen days into Mama’s hospital stay, she is still battling nausea. Each day, they try new combinations with her medications to get it under control so she can go home. I am seeing a slight bit of progress, but it’s not quite where it needs to be. I do believe she has been keeping more down then what is coming up. This evening, Mama’s stomach is doing better, so hopefully things are turning around. They keep speculating when she might get to go home (as soon as tomorrow), but everything hinges on this problem getting under control first.

Today the doctor ordered an ultrasound of her right kidney. It is to be done sometime this evening, but so far nothing. Dr. Gore, the kidney surgeon, wants to see what is going on with the mass in her kidney to see if there is any change.

Another bit of progress… Mama’s staples came out this evening. Her incision is healing well and no sign of infection.

Daddy took Mama for a little trip outside this afternoon. She is still pretty weak, so he rounded up a wheelchair and wheeled her and IV pole out for a little stroll and fresh air. That’s always good medicine. :)

Your prayers are so appreciated. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

With love,

Carmen & family

9 comments:

Leila and Family said...

We are so happy to hear about your progress. You're such an amazing woman, Ladeva. We're sure God is using you and your family to be a light to everyone there. We will be praying you can go home today. With Love, Leila and family

Anonymous said...

Diva, I am so happy to hear of your positive progress!! I bet it felt wonderful to get outside and feel the sun on your beautiful face! I'm sure it was good for Warren to get out and walk with you for awhile. Jeannie continues to make positive healing too, Jo has the church praying for you and your family as well. I know the Lord is good he has made you and your family so strong and loving. Thank you God for our Diva...Love Linda H

Anonymous said...

Dear sweet friend,
It sounds like you may be headed home soon. That is good news.
I am thankful for the care that has brought you to this point. UW is a wonderful facility, with excellent care. I know you are anxious to be released. I pray that they can find a medication to help with your nausea and/or vomiting, because otherwise, you really need your IV to keep you hydrated.
Love and Blessings,
Cindy R.

Anonymous said...

was glad to hear you are making some progress,I pray that God will give you strength & healing & take away that awful nausea.God bless
you dear friend.Love you,Ed & Nancy

Anonymous said...

DEAR DEV:
I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU ARE FEELING SOME BETTER. I KNOW IT COMES AND GOES THOUGH. IT WAS SO GOOD TO SEE YOU MONDAY. I WAS NEEDING A SISTER FIX. I KNOW YOU ARE EARGER TO GET HOME, AND WE AE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU, BUT I HOPE THEY KEEP YOU LONG ENOUGH THAT IT IS SAFE TO BE THAT FAR AWAY FROM YOUR DOCTOR. I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH.......EDDIE

Anonymous said...

Dear Cousin Deva,

Hi there my wonderful Cousin Deva!
I've been hearing a lot of talk about you soon being released from the hospital to return to your home? My pessimistic mind immediately went into the panic mode, and I started visualizing all
of the things that could go wrong,
but the Good Book says that we should have faith; so I guess that
if all of the people whom have much more knowledge about your well being than I; say that you are fit to hit the trail and go home; then so be it! You can be
certain of one thing though my dear Cousin, and that is your poor old Cousin John will really be doing some heavy praying for your
well being! God bless you little darling; and I love you a bunch!

Cousin John

Cathy Williams said...

I so glad that you are finding a little relief from nausea and being able to feel the sunshine on your face must have brought a smile to your lips. Each day will get a little better. Hang in there. Love, Cathy

Carmen or Kim, do you have a phone # that you can be reached at???? Could you send it to Hookitty@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Dear Sister Deva:
I remember the little cloud the
size of a man's hand that the servant of Elijah reported. That
was enough for the prophet. He told
Ahab to get home before the rain came. Those glimmers of hope we
have seen gives us faith that the
healing is on the way. Any step
foward gives us hope. If everything kept getting worse we would wonder if there was hope left. But the signs of better times are showing and we praise
the Lord for each one of them.
God designed these bodies to have
great healing qualities built into
them. Disease destroys cells and
the battle rages. I pray for you
at every rememberance, which is
often. We love you Dino

Leila said...

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you. He will quiet you with His love and dance over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17