Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday, August 22nd - Evening update

Well, Radiology came up and met with Mama & I. It sounds like they will not be doing anything with Mama's kidney until next week. They said they had been contacted to see if they could do the cryo treatment. I asked about the tumor being 3.2 cm in size and whether they could treat it. They didn't see a problem with the size and confirmed it could be done. Urology still needs to come meet with Mama, but it sounds like she either has the option of surgery to remove part or all of the right kidney or they can freeze the tumor with the cryo treatment. Either way she will go under with general anesthesia. The cryo treatment would by far be a less invasive surgery though. Mama has had so many complications with her last surgery, that she is opting for the cryo treatment if it is her choice.
Dr. Pillarisetty came in this evening also. He thinks Mama could possibly go home tomorrow or Wednesday. Especially since we are able to do everything for her at home that they are doing for her here. However, because she has not been able to eat at least 1000 calories a day yet, she would have to go home with IV nutrition until she is able to daily get her calories and fluid intake up. They will be setting up a home health care service to help with that whole thing.
Daddy went home this afternoon to take care of a few things and hopefully get a good night's sleep tonight. We are so glad he finally took a little break to recharge his batteries. He will be back tomorrow.
The cards and blog notes keep coming in. I cannot tell you how much they all mean to Mama. Thank you for taking the time to let her know how much she is loved. You brought happy tears to her eyes. Thank for your continued prayers.

With love,
Carmen & family

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Duckie,
1000 calories a day? We used to be able to do that for lunch...how hard can that be? I know you are trying love. I wish I could try for you. My appetite is BACK!
Jim will get his new roof this week, he is a nervous wreck. It is 4 a.m. and we are both up.
Put your mind on something fun to look forward to. Remember when you wanted a p.j. party...
Do we love you or what?
Don't want you worrying about me..the nurse said my progress was awesome when she was here yesterday.
I would fix all of this if possible. You know that, right.
Hugs, hugs and more hugs. jeanzie

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Sweetie,
An IV at home...that works!
Good news that the kidney tumor size is small enough for treatment.
It sounds like plans are coming together. This is wonderful news. My prayers are continuing, and I will be there anytime you need me.
I love you!
Cindy R.

Anonymous said...

Dear Ladeva: Prayers continue to rise for you from Snohomish! Just think---to sleep in your own bed, and eat breakfast in your own breakfast nook. Knowing you have that nook has saved my memory many times, thinking of the name of the contraption I have been reading books on. Hope the blog will continue when you get home, but Donna has also been faithfully letting us know how things are going. Love, Marianna

Anonymous said...

HI DEVA,GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU MIGHT GET TO COME HOME FOR A WHILE. I AM MISSING YOU AND THINKING OF YOU ALL THE TIME. I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE POOL. I SAW DARD THERE. AND TRIED TO CATCH HER UP ON THE BLOG NEWS. SHE SAID HER HIP WAS DOING GOOD.WE WILL BE GLAD WHEN YOU CAN COME TO THE POOL AGAIN WITH US. WE LOVE YOU WE DO. OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU. LOVE THE FROG

Anonymous said...

Dear Sister Deva:
We love you. We long for your healing. I think it will mean a lot to you to be able to go home.
Who likes to be in a hospital?
Nobody! I remember Donna asking
uncle Basil for a transplant
when they were removing his
thyroid becausing it wouldn't
allow him to gain weight. I wish
I could donate a part of my
stomach to you along with my
apetite to help you digest your
food. Maybe we can go visit you
at home. We are really busy trying
to pack and move. I go to the VA
the end of the month for another
procedure. I haven't given up on
going to Bolivia in October.
We Love you People. Dino

Anonymous said...

Hi dear sweet Ladeva, my plans for coming to see you last Thursday didn't work for me. Ended up asking my daughter to drive me to Seattle for my dr. appt. and she had both kids with her. We were gone all weekend to a family reunion and I didn't have any technology where we were. I came home and read through the blog (so grateful for the blog). Still praying for you and your family. Look forward to you coming home soon. Love, Di Iund

Leila said...

Ladeva and family...we're happy to hear you had a better day Tuesday. God is so good to have sent Dr. P in right before the contrast was given. Mom had her second cataract surgery yesterday and she did well. It didn't make much difference in her vision, but she is very positive anyway. We continue to pray you can go home soon. With love and hugs, Leila.