Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday Morning

Hi everyone,
I need to make this quick. I am heading out the door to get the kids to school then up to UWMC to hopefully bring Mom and Dad home sometime today.
Sunday was a fairly quiet day. Mom slept and rested most of the morning. Dad and mom both slept well Saturday night and by noon Mom was up to a trip to the gift shop and the cafeteria for lunch. Cameron (Carmen’s son) came by to sit and visit. Mom loved having him.
I went home about 3:00 Sunday afternoon and checked in a few times with them both. They were doing well.
There is some talk of putting Mom’s port in today and giving it time to heal a bit before she sees the chemo Dr. on the 29th. It can be accessed immediately, but Mom would like to get it in while she is still in the hospital and they have an iv.
I was able to show Mom the blog Friday and Saturday. She has read all the comments and Mom and Dad are so appreciative of the love and support she is reading there.
I have read her all the emails from those of you sending them to my email as well. Just a reminder that her email is not working right now.
I have been asked several times for Mom and Dad’s address so you can send cards so here it is:

127 Brian Dr.
Chehalis, WA 98532

I have to trust that you will all understand that Mom and Dad will need some time to decompress before they are up to visitors.
I don’t want to sound harsh as I appreciate you and love you all so much. My role right now is to protect them where I can. I can’t take this from her, but I can be a liaison to help facilitate communication to everyone. I promise I will let you know when they are up to it. After chemo starts I am just not sure what protocol is. Please be patient with us as we travel this unfamiliar road.

Again,
Thank you all for your love, prayer, cards and emails.
We are blessed beyond measure.

Kimberly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DEAR LADEVA AND WARREN:

WE ARE CONTINALLY PRAYNG FOR YOU BOTH, AND TRUSTING THE LORD TO HEAL YOU AND BRING YOU HOME SOON. WE ARE HAPPY THAT YOU WERE ABLE TO BE UP FOR A LITTLE WALK TO THE GIFT STORE. WE LIKE HAVING THIS SIGHT, SO WE CAN COME AND READ IT. I WILL GO FOR NOW. WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH.......LOVE SOLI

Anonymous said...

Dear Kim - Please let your mom know that we are praying for her daily and for her whole family. We already love her because we know you. You are an amazing family.
Jeanette

Anonymous said...

Hey sis,
I talked to God today.
He says that He has you covered! Said that He is going to walk with you all the way thru this and if you get tired then He will carry you.
He also says that He loves you more than you can ever know.
Warren, He says that he is proud of you and that He will keep your path lit every step of the way , He will give you strength and that He will guide the drs and nurses thru each step.
Kids, He says that you are doing great. That He is there with you and that he has sent His angels to go on this journey with you all.
i am sending love to you, wrap it all around you and put some in your pocket for later.
i love you so much, djkz