Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday

Ok. The theme for the day is “Just kidding!”
Mom had to fast again to be ready for the surgery today so no food after last night.
First we were told yesterday, that her port was scheduled to be put in at 5:30 PM. Not great, as this will be the 5th (?) day of fasting for procedures etc. but then as I was preparing to leave late last night the surgery was moved up to 3:30 due to a cancellation. I just spoke with Carmen and now surgery is behind and she isn’t scheduled until 7:00 PM. So, it will probably be later for her as they are moving it back to 7:00 because they are running late. If anything else happens it could be even later.
This is a long day for her, so please pray for her as now she has to make it through the day and evening without eating. We were so worried about her being hungry today that Dad and I pushed food at her all evening. She finally made some joke about us being “food pushers”. For those of you who know my Mom well and have been to their home, you know what an ironic statement that is. No one wants to feed people more than Mom. Food, drink, dessert? Anything?..................... WHO’S the food pusher?
Carmen will call me tonight when Mom is out of surgery and back in her room.
She is running a slight temp. and her iv is uncomfortable, so we are really thankful for the port being placed tonight.
Will keep you posted.
Love you all.
Kimberly

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're praying for you even now as I type this that all will go well putting in the port and you'll be back in your room soon. We're just like Helen--we check the blog site every few hours for updates. We also read all the comments--it's so awesome to read of the many prayers that are offered on your behalf. In one of Donna Jo's comments, she says that as soon as you're well, ya'll will plan a trip to Arizona and Texas. We'll travel anywhere you are in Texas to see you. Shoot--we'd travel anywhere in the world to see your sweet face! We love you and are lifting you up to our Heavenly Father. Your cousin Candi in Dallas

Anonymous said...

Hey Dee,
I am there. can you feel me?
A team of wild horses is the only thing that is holding me back from running to you!!!
You have always been there for me when i needed you. Always right beside me, (sometimes even dragging me:)At the hardest times in my life, you were always there encouraging,comforting,supporting & loving me.I will always love you for that.
You are a beautiful,awesome lady , Dee and a gift to everyone who knows you.( you are the gift, i am the grabbag:) ha
And now it is your turn to let others love on you and care for you.
i love you sissy,
always have, always will.
djkz

Anonymous said...

HELLO LADEVA, HERE I AM TRYING TO GET ON YOUR BLOG. I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES AND IT NEVER WENT. SO I CALLED THE LITTLE RED ONE AND SHE HAS TALKED ME THROUGH IT I HOPE.
YOU KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH. AND SO DOES GOD. WE ARE ALL PRAYING FOR YOU AND I KNOW THAT GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS. I HOPE BY NOW THAT YOU HAVE THE PORT IN AND DOING GOOD.
IT IS GOOD TO HEAR FROM SOME OF THE COUSINS IN TEXAS. I`LL JUST WAIT TO HERE SOME MORE. I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH. FROG

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry to hear of all the "rig-a-ma-role" (real medical terminology for ya there) that you've been through with fasting, getting the IV in, etc. Dean can relate to trouble getting IVs in so can truly empathize. Praise the Lord the He is sustaining you during this difficult time as only He can do. We are praying all goes well with the port placement.

Love to you all,

The Smiths of Eagle, Idaho

Anonymous said...

Ladeva,

We are praying for comfort, answers, and as swift recovery. You have many people lifting you up in prayer. God bless!

Pastor Josh & Sasha

P.S. Great idea on the blog. Thank you for sending me the link!

Anonymous said...

GOOD NIGHT SWEET SISTER.
I BELIEVE THAT GOD HAS ALREADY STARTED THE HEALING PROCESS IN YOU!! HE TAKES GOOD CARE OF HIS KIDS!
WARREN, YOU ROCK!!!!!( NO PUN INTENDED:) I KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN A REAL STRENGTH AND A GODSEND FOR DEE. AND I LOVE YOU FOR THAT.
( ONE DAY WHEN DEE IS WELL AGAIN AND THINGS ARE BACK TO NORMAL, I CAN BE OBNOXIOUS TO YOU AGAIN:) I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!
ONE THING THAT I LEARNED TO DO IN THE HARDEST OF TIMES, IS TO WRITE DOWN 5 BLESSINGS FROM GOD EACH NIGHT BEFORE YOU GO TO BED, THEY ARE ALWAYS THERE, ALWAYS. THEY CAN BE SMALL THINGS, BUT BLESSINGS JUST THE SAME. A GOOD REMINDER OF HIS LOVE IN HARD TIMES.
JUST WANTED TO SAY GOODNIGHT AND I LOVE YOU,
djkz