Thursday, April 17, 2008

First day at the hospital

I just talked with Brian and got an update.

Ladeva had some tests today to find out the severity of the cancer. They revealed the rest of her body is clear from cancer. She will be in the hospital at least one more night until her current pain situation is manageable. She will return to the hospital on Tuesday for the pre-chemotherapy consultation. Chemotherapy will start on Wednesday or Thursday. For the next two months she will be on a schedule of 5 days treatment, then two days recovery. If the cancer responds to the chemo, they may even treat her for the next four months. The reason for this is that doctors want to see the tumor shrink as much as possible. After her chemotherapy she will then have surgery to remove the tumor.
Please pray often as this is going to be a difficult time for Ladeva.

Psalm 61:1-4
Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.

4 comments:

Roxann said...

Dear sweet family,
Please know that we are holding you up in prayer daily. This is the easy duty! The journey you are about to embark on is going to make each of you stronger and you will come out the back side of it amazed at what you have learned and survived. You will conquer this but it must be done one day at a time. Each day will be a victory! In love and prayer.

Eric and Julie Georgia said...

Lifting you up in our prayers

Katie said...

We are praying here in Texas. And I will have Ladeva in my prayers and thoughts as I participate in Relay for Life next Friday.

Anonymous said...

Kim Brian and family,I wanted to let you know that our prayers are with you,and Kim thanks for the call. Know that I believe your family always comes first! We will miss you at Mops but we all understand that Mom's are real special and you are where you belong. We will miss you. With all our Love and Prayers Linda and Duwayne