Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Two good days in a row!

This morning I called to check in on Mom and she had that sweet sing song voice that I have missed hearing for so long. It brought tears to my eyes to hear her speak without pain. God is so faithful, kind and gracious. He has been ever present during the worst of times. You have all prayed so faithfully for her to be healed and delivered form pain. Please join us in thanking Him for His mercy in giving her pain free days at home.

Mom and Dad both got a good night’s rest. Sleep deprivation is ugly, and they both needed it desperately. Not that THEY are ugly, the condition of sleep deprivation is what I meant!

Judy Panco stayed with mom this morning. Thank you Judy. You are a special blessing. Sandy Macomber, (Mom’s friend since they were 4 or 5??) came from Port Angeles and stayed with Mom throughout the rest of the day. She made a wonderful dinner for Mom and Dad and is staying for several days. Thank you Sandy, and Doug, for doing without your sweet wife for a few days. The girl can cook. I have been blessed enough to stay with them in Port Angeles for a class I had to take and I can testify!

We are still working out details on when Mom has to return for the PET scan, MRI and third round of chemotherapy. Will update you as we get that all scheduled.

I apologize for the late post. Now that Mom is home, Carm and I are playing it by ear as to who updates. Bear with us as we work it all out. I know so many of you check the blog throughout the day, and I (we) appreciate you even more than you know for that.

We are blessed beyond measure at the level of love and prayer Mom and Dad have received. When we have been hurting, you have lifted us up with your prayers to the Lord. We are thanking Him, and will praise Him in the good days now as well.

With love,
Kimberly and family

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY SISSY!!!!
LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE HOME TEAM!!!
I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU ARE HOME AND DOING BETTER! AND THAT SANDY LOU IS THERE TO CHEER YOU ALONG! (HI SANDY! HUG MY SISSIE FOR ME)OK?!!
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT'S JUST THE THING WE WANTED TO HEAR.
AND DEE I HEARD TODAY THAT YOU LOOKED LIKE DADDY. THERE YOU GO, SAYING THE 'D' WORD:) CAN'T THINK OF ANYONE THAT I'D RATHER BE LIKE!!
HOPE TO SEE YOU BEFORE TOO TERRIBLY LONG. I LOVE YOU, TERRIBLY MUCH!!
djkz

Anonymous said...

Ladeva, how magnificient that you are feeling so much better. We could not have better news on this end. PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!!!!
So great to hear that Sandy is spending a few days with you. I haven't seen her in more years than I care to count. Hi Sandy!
Blessings to all of you and may you have many many more good days ahead.
Love you,
Ed and Ruby

Mickey and Jeanne said...

Yippee Skippee... Thank You Jesus... How I wish I could see you (and Warren, and Sandy....) Hugs, kisses and love to all of you. Know that we are rejoicing along with all of you that you have cleared this hurdle and can enjoy food, family and wonderful friends again. The rough times are so hard, and seem eternal, but in due season, the darkness lifts and we can bask in the glow of God's love and tender mercies. Enjoy these beautiful days this coming week.... We are thankful and encouraged by your faithfulness. Love, us

Anonymous said...

HEY DEV, I WAS SO HAPPY JUST TO HEAR YOUR VOICE THIS MORNING. WE ARE ALL THANKING GOD FOR ALL HE HAS DONE. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU TOMORROW. I WILL BE COMING WITH DARLENE. SO UNTIL THEN . I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.
LOVE FROG