Sunday, June 8, 2008

Saturday evening

Carmen has been with Mom and Dad all day and has decided to spend the night. Dad is completely wiped out and is going down to the 6th floor waiting room to find a couch. (Yeah. The 8” wide couches I mentioned in an earlier post) He won’t go home for a good night’s rest so we have to settle for this for now. Hopefully he will be able to get some rest there. Carmen will stay in the room with Mom to help out throughout the night. Please pray for him. He is at the end of himself and physically shot.

Mom is struggling with back and neck pain as well now. She is hurting and has heat on her neck. At the same time, she is also chilled and can’t get warm. This is apparently a side effect of receiving the platelets. She is getting two additional blood transfusions tonight.

Her mouth is slightly better and she ate a bit of smooth soft food today. Not much, but more than she has been able to eat in about 5 days. Please continue to pray that she can have a complete recovery of her white blood cells and her mouth will heal up enough for her to eat, drink and return home.

With love and gratitude to each of you,
Kimberly and family

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO LITTLE SISTER,
HEY I HAVE WRITTEN TWICE NOW ON THE BLOG , BUT THEY DO`NT SEEM TO MAKE IT ON. SO I AM GOING TO TRY AGAIN THIS MORNING. I PRAYED THAT YOU ALL WOULD GET SOME SLEEP LAST NIGHT.
THIS IS THE LORDS DAY. THERE WILL BE MANY ASK ABOUT YOU AND THEY WILL PRAY FOR YOU ALSO.
HAVE I TOLD YOU LATELY THAT I LOVE YOU?? WELL I DO. WAITING TO SEE YOU WHEN I CAN.
LOVE FROG

Anonymous said...

Dear Cousin Deva,
Hi there my sweet Cousin. 1 Peter 5:10 says: "And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." So Hopefully this will soon come about, and your present situation will become a memory of the past? God bless you, and your wonderful family! Take real good care of yourself now, and I love you a big old bunch!
Cousin John

Anonymous said...

We are continuing to pray that a return to recovery at home will be soon. The kids pray for Mrs. Dahlin every night at bedtime.

Much love,

The Smiths of Eagle, Idaho

Anonymous said...

HI DEV:
I FEEL SO BAD THAT YOU HAVE TO BE SO MISERABLE. I FEEL LIKE JERRY, I WISHED I COULD HURT FOR YOU AND YOU COULD GET SOME REST. I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU ARE IN A SAFE PLACE AND YOU WILL GET THE BEST CARE.WE AT HOME ARE DOING THE ONLY THING WE KNOW TO DO. YOU ARE IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYER. IF THERE IS ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN THINK OF, THAT WE COULD DO, PLEASE LET US KNOW. I HOPE TO SEE YOU AT HOME SOON. I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH.........EDDIE

Anonymous said...

Dear Deva,
We feel just like Eddie--if we could "fill in" for you with a shift of chemo and all that's associated with it while you rested a bit and got stronger, we'd gladly do it. You know we love you and you know we're praying for you--we just wanted to tell you again today. Keep squeezing Jesus' hand; hold on tight. Your cousins, Karl and Candi

Anonymous said...

Ladeva,

We are so sorry you are going through all of this again!!! Lots of hugs to you.

We wish for you to come home and get away from the hospital...


Keep the Faith!!!

Love TLC/Surgery PCLI