Sunday, June 29, 2008

A message from Ladeva

Sunday june 29, 2008

Hi to all my family and friends who follow the blog,

I was hoping the Dr. would say: "You're not going to have more chemo", but I appreciated how straight forward he was, in telling me that it was a life and death choice. The cancer that I have, can travel and come back and he said the tumor shows some areas that are dead, but he felt it would be unsafe not to go through at least two more regimens of chemotherapy and possibly follow up with six weeks of radiation.

I'm still asking God for a miracle, but I believe that when you pray He always answers, either yes, no, or wait a while. I pray that in God's timing my health will be restored. I have more to learn and one thing I am experiencing, is how much love has been shown to us through this time. I have never before experienced the depth of love shown to me from family and friends. How blessed I am to have been shown this, and know that He is loving me through them.

Thank you for helping me get through this difficult time through prayers to our loving heavenly Father. It means so much as I start with surgery to replace the port at 9:00 a.m. on Monday morning, and then later that day, chemotherapy. Thank you each one who has taken the time to write on the blog, sent cards, called, or came by, brought food, and babysat with me so Warren felt he could go back to work. I wish I could return to you each blessing you have given to me. I pray that our Lord will bless you for your kindness.

Love, Ladeva

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY SIS,
SO GLAD THAT YOU GUYS WERE ABLE TO GET AWAY, THAT IS AWESOME.HOPE YOU HAD THE TIME OF YOUR LIVES.
YOU WILL REMAIN AT THE TOP OF OUR PRAYER LIST AS YOU GET THE PORT RELACED AND START UP THE CHEMO ON MON. WE WILL KEEP YOU LIFTED HIGH DEE!
MAY YOU HAVE STRENGTH TO BE BRAVE THRU THE TRIALS OF CHEMO.
I LOVE YOU.
djkz

Anonymous said...

Hi Deva,
Awsome weekend! Glad you had this opportunity with Warren. We'll be thinking of you all day tomorrow and throughout your journey. I, too, believe you have much more to learn, and give, to not only those who love you but every one who hears of your trials and triumphs.You are just such a tremendous inspiration to me and the rest of your family. I pray for you daily and am walking this walk with you in prayer. You are loved, Dahlin!!!!!!!!I'm so blessed to have you as my cousin. You are a one and only.
Lovin' you,
Jerry xoxox

Anonymous said...

DEAR DEV:

I ALREADY MISS YOU. I KNOW IT IS GOING TO BE A LONG WEEK. WE ARE ALL PRAYING THAT IT WILL GO MUCH BETTER THIS TIME. I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU KNOW THE LORD,AND CAN FEEL HIS PRESENTS. I DON'T KNOW HOW A NON BELIEVER DOES IT. IT WAS SO NICE TO BE ABLE TO SPEND TIME WITH YOU LAST WEEK, WHEN YOU WERE FEELING GOOD. WE WILL LOOK FORWARD TO THAT AGAIN.........SOON. I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH. HURRY HOME......LOVE, EDDIE

Anonymous said...

Dear Deva,
We're so honored to lift you up to our Heavenly Father. We're praying for strength and comfort for round 3 and that you'll continue to be a blessing to those you come in contact with at the hospital, etc. What a testimony you have! We love you here in Dallas! Karl and Candi