Thursday, June 5, 2008

Back to Seattle

Wednesday Evening

Carmen called about 5:00 to tell me that the Dr. had decided to admit Mom back into the hospital today. She was at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance today getting an infusion of hydration.

They also had to place new needles in her port. The first one did not work well, so they had to remove it and redo it. Apparently she bled more than usual. Her blood test shows her platelet count is very low so she is not clotting like they want her to. They wanted her to return tomorrow for a blood transfusion.

The Dr. looked at her mouth and throat and it is typical of the chemo side effects. This is just much worse than last time. They asked Mom to rate her pain on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the worst) Mom stated it was a 10. With that, they decided they needed to do what they could to get her comfortable now and not send her home in that much pain. They have settled in at the UW hospital and she is getting morphine through her port, and will receiver her transfusion as well. Her blood has to go through extra special “washes” so it is never blood just lying around so to speak of.

Troy drove up with Carmen’s son Cameron tonight to pick her up and bring her home. She rode up to help Mom and Dad and has been there with them until late this evening.

Thank you Carmen for staying with them, and thank you Troy and Cameron for going and getting the girl. The waiting room couches are about 8”wide so not the best place to lay your head. I am so blessed to have you guys. Thank you for being there when I can’t. “Good teamwork”, as Mom would say. (if she could talk)

I can’t even guess how long this stay may be. Sometimes things change by the minute so there is no point in speculating. I am praying for a spontaneous healing and that they can return home by late morning.

I will be heading up after I drop our kids off at school, but do not know if I will be able to update the blog until late evening, so I may ask Carm to do it from work if things change during the day.

Please continue to lift Mom and Dad up. Mom has been asked many times throughout this process where her pain level is. She has had a lot of pain throughout this ordeal, but I have not heard her answer to a 10 until today. She is one tough cookie, so I know that today was hard on her.

We are all so thankful to each of you. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for praying for her faithfully.

Kimberly and family

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, I hardly know what to say. All of you are going through so much. I know you all know this but it is the only thing to help get us through so here it is....just keep on holding God's hand....He knows all. Love you guys. Sandy

Mickey and Jeanne said...

I am sending out the prayer request as soon as I get off here. We love you, we are helping to hold you up in prayer, and I ask right now, in the name of Jesus, that His special anointing cover that bed (and quilt if they let her have it) and that whole room. May His healing touch supercede ALL the medicines they pump into you, and bring immediate relief and healing to your whole body.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ladeva-I am here in Battle Ground looking at my flowers thinking of you. Flowers are strong & beautiful just as you are. I know you are blanketed by the love of family and close friends and let those healing hands do their job and you find your strength to endure. Hold on! Love you bunches. Lynne

Anonymous said...

You are all being lifted up in our daily prayers. I have no words except in petition to our heavenly father to comfort you all and give your mom healing. We love you.
Jeanette

Anonymous said...

God Bless, Deva,
Donna called last night to let us know and we just are so praying for your recovery. I'd love to see the loving healing quilt DJ described all the story to me before you were given thequilt. What a gift from Aunt Ollie. You do as they tell you now and stay on the strong stuff. Now is when we need the strongest. Do hope you get to come home for a few days yet before the next round. My physical therapist helps me understand some of what you are going through. She's s believer and is pulling for you too.
It is as windy today as Artesia, NM. Now that sounds strange, but we have not had drop of rain in May. Your kids are so wonderful. Of course, I don't need to tell you, but I just need to say it for their sakes. We are all such a loving family and stick together. Love U and I'm sure Warren is saddled up right next to you. What a comfort he is.
I'll hear from DJ tonight after she talks to Kim or someone to give me the latest. Evelyn Joyce said last night that she is humbly praying for you also. She was to call Kandi and Karl and give them the update.
Love U little Dahlin'
Jerry xoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Deva, Donna, Jerry, et al--Mama (aka Evelyn Joyce) did indeed call us last night and gave us the update Donna had given you. We're so sorry, Deva, that you're having to deal with so much pain. And like so many before us have said, just hang on to Jesus' hand, He will not let you fall. And Jerry, you're so right--we definitely come from a loving family and we do all stick together--so Deva, none of us are dropping out of this race with you until you cross the finish line victorious! we're all in your corner, lifting you up all the day long to our loving Lord, the Great Physician. We love you so much! Karl and Candi (Jerry--it was so windy in Dallas today that we thought we were back in Clovis, NM!)

Anonymous said...

DEAR DEV:
I WISHED SO MUCH THAT I KNEW HOW YOU WERE FEELING TONIGHT. I DON'T KNOW IF NOT KNOWING IS ALMOST AS BAD AS KNOWING. I ALSO KNOW THE GIRLS WILL GIVE US AN UPDAT AS SOON AS THEY CAN.I FEEL SO BAD THAT YOU HAD TO GO BACK TO THE HOSPITAL AND STAY. I WAS HOPING THAT THEY COULD JUST GIVE YOU A QUICK FIX AND YOU WOULD BE HOME AGAIN. WE DO KNOW THAT YOU HAVE THE BEST DOCTORS AND NURSES, AND OUR LOVING LORD, TO TAKE CARE OF YOU. WE WILL BE HERE TO HELP YOU WHEN YOU RETURN. I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH, LITTLE SISTER. BYE FOR NOW. LOVE, EDDIE

Mickey and Jeanne said...

DJ - or should I say anonymous.... You really don't want to call Warren precious... and someday I MAY tell you why... but suffice it to say it was something to do with a joke I told BEFORE I got it right with the Lord and it turned him a brilliant red, and just saying the name now can cause him to blush. By the way, did Warren ever tell you that he and I got in a slapping contest in grade school... He SAYS I won, but it was a draw. When I saw him as a grown man I told him I would never have beat him up if I'd known he was going to turn out so purty.... At 11 he was just this skinny little kid with big ears.. that he swears I made ring when I smacked him. I'll go it one better, IF I HAD KNOWN WHAT A FINE MAN, HUSBAND AND FATHER HE WOULD TURN OUT TO BE AND HOW MUCH HE LOVES AND TREASURES DEVA... well, I probably still would have hit him, but maybe not quite as hard. But you can call him Precious if you want to, I guess.... cuz, actually, he pretty much is --- precious that is, but still not as precious as our lovely Ladeva.
(hope this made you smile Deva... he DID have it coming....)
jeanne

Anonymous said...

HELLO SISTER,YOU ARE GETTING A LOT OF MAIL ON THIS BLOG. IT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE LOVED SO MUCH. I AM SORRY YOU DID`NT GET TO COME HOME, BUT IT IS BEST FOR YOU. I THANK GOD FOR YOU AND HE WILL MADE YOU WELL. WE HAVE A GREAT GOD. I THANK HIM FOR A GREAT FAMILY ALSO. IT IS GOOD TO HEAR FROM THOSE IN TEXAS AND OTHER PARTS OF THE COUNTRY.HANG IN THERE DEVA. WE ALL LOVE YOU SO MUCH. YOU ARE IN OUR PRAYERS ALWAYS.
LOVE YOU VERY MUCH.
FROG