Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tuesday's developments

This was sent last night, but I did not check my email until this morning.

Seattle Cancer Care Alliance called this morning and said Mom needed to come back up there again today. It was another long day in Seattle and they got home late again tonight. They had her come back for another day of hydration and also to address her antibiotics further. They have decided that Mama has to have her antibiotics given through her port 3 times a day. Please pray for Daddy. Tomorrow they will be having someone from Home HealthCare coming to train Daddy to give Mama her antibiotics through her port. Daddy is very uncomfortable around that kind of thing anyway, so he is even more troubled that he has to be the one administering them. It's very scary for him. He has been doing such a great job of keeping up with all of Mama's medications and taking good care of her. Please pray for him as he is stretched even further out of his comfort zone to be able to take care of his little bride. Please also pray for Mama and Daddy to start getting good sleep at night. Mama needs rest so she can feel better and Daddy needs rest to keep up his stamina and to not get sick.
This morning Mama started loosing her hair. As a women, it is a very hard thing to go through. Mama has asked Aunt Sherry to cut the rest of her hair off tomorrow. She feels she is not able to deal with the emotional pain of loosing it in handfuls and in bed. It hurts our hearts that Mama's heart has to go through this sadness. Thank you Aunt Sherry. You are a blessing to all of us. We appreciate your prayers more than you all know.
With love,
Carmen

4 comments:

Mickey and Jeanne said...

I just typed you a long letter on here, and then something happened and it is lost out there on the internet waves... I hate it when that happens!!! I loved the pictures of you and your family. I see that my friend 'Precious' still looks good... (ahem). I hated to see where your hair had begun to fall out - but hey, the up side is you can be any color, any style, any length you want... any TIME you want. As long as Warren can afford it that is.

I am cleaning out our old office room and came across picture albums of our Multi Class Reunions. That is where I saw the one of you and Sandi with your feet stained orange from Quick Tan. I also ran across a copy of the Booklet you did for your 25th Reunion and had myself several smiles as I read thru it again. I thought you were MUCH younger than me... but it is only two years... and I am older than dirt it feels like. I remember once you told me you would be willing to drive down here for any get togethers I planned, and when you are thru with all this chemo stuff, I am going to hold you to that. We will plan a big multi class reunion again. At least you and Warren, Sandi and I and Mickey will be here. Oh yes, and Bob Bazinet. He always wants to know when we will have another one.

Take care my beautiful friend, and know that you are loved and covered in prayer. I am looking forward to hearing from you or Warren when you are TOTALLY up to company. And in the meantime I will keep writing and praying. We love you. M & J

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Deva, my Love, I enjoyed seeing the family picture and the one of you alone. Your face just made my daay. Glad you are at home, sick. Better than the hospital I suppose. I love you so dearly Deva I just want to be ther right now to hug you and hear your tender voice. You are the most amazing and beautiful creature I have ever known. Your power sustains us all and we pray often and daily for your recovry dear. Warren is so special. Wish I knew him better. I feel like I'm on mars and you are with the rest of the family. Glad to see your kids, grands and all. All mothers should have had a Deva. You are that precious. Love you and will pray for you and yours again this evening. Much love. xoxoxo
Jerry

Mr. Gruber said...

I deleted the comment because it was a duplicate post. Thanks.