Saturday, May 3, 2008

Medicate and hydrate

Mom and Dad did not sleep much again last night. They are keeping Mom very hydrated and they tell her to keep eating and drinking as that helps alleviate the symptoms somewhat. The result of that is that Mom is up all night because she is SO hydrated.
The nausea had kicked in last night around 9:00PM and has been continuing steadily. When it gets bad, she can get an anti nausea med through the new iv they put back in her arm and that seems to help.
Today they will start the anticoagulation medicine through the new iv. Carmen is with them and will spend the night so I will try to update you tomorrow. Mom is sleeping now, and Dad is hoping she can catch up from the last 48 hours.
Please pray that the nausea will decrease and she can rest, although we are glad she is staying hydrated. It will make the chemo more bearable we are told.

We thank you for remembering them in prayer.

Kimberly

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Grandma,
I was just writing to tell you that I love you and miss you. I hope you're feeling well enough to get some good sleep. You've been on my mind a lot. I hope I can talk to you soon.
-Kale

Mickey and Jeanne said...

Sending more prayers and love your way Warren and LaDeva and Family... You are CONSTANTLY in our thoughts and hearts.

Anonymous said...

Dear Deva,
We just want you to know how much we love you. We pray for you every time you come to mind, which is all through the day because you're always on our minds. Lovin' you and prayin' for you, your Dallas cousins--Karl and Candi (Kimberly--I hope you're feeling better now and able to get back to the hospital soon to see your mama.)

Anonymous said...

LADEVA,
THINKING ABOUT YOU AND HOPING THAT ALL GOES WELL AND IN DUE TIME, GOD WILL MAKE YOU WELL.
OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.
LOVE,
DON Z.

Anonymous said...

To my Dearst Aunt Ladeva and family
May God give you all supernatural sleep, sleep that is healing! May He also place a song deep with in you during this time. I am praying for you all and I am thanking God for what He can do and will do in this season of your life. I love you all very much!
Blessings, Wendy

Anonymous said...

My family continues to keep you in our hearts and prayers. Love,Pam

Anonymous said...

DEAR LADEVA:

I AM SENDING MY LOVE TO YOU, AND I AM PRAYING FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY FOR YOU.I AM HOPING THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO SEE YOU SOON. WE READ EVERY DAY, THE MESSAGE ON THE BLOG. WE ARE PRAYING ALSO FOR KIM, CARMEN, TROY AND AND WARREN.
MAY GOD KEEP YOU AND WATCH OVER YOU.

LOVE, SOLEDAD

Anonymous said...

DEAR COUSIN LADEVA:

I HAVE BEEN PRAYING EVERY NIGHT FOR YOU AND WARREN, THAT IT WON'T BE SO PAINFUL AND THAT YOU WILL BE WELL SOON. I AM SORRY THAT I WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE YOU AND MEET THE REST OF YOUR FAMILY. NEXT TIME I COME THROUGH THS WAY, I DO WANT TO COME SEE YOU. IT HAS BEEN 48 YEARS SINCE I HAVE SEEN YOU. I STILL HAVE FOND MEMORIES OF YOU.

I LOVE YOU AND WILL KEEP IN TOUCH.
COUSIN ANNIE

Anonymous said...

DEAR LADEVA: I CERTAINLY SLEPT BETTER LAST NIGHT, KNOWING THAT YOU WERE IN YOUR OWN BED IN YOUR BEAUTIFUL HOME. WON'T IT BE A BLESSING WHEN YOU ARE ABLE TO WALK OUT ON YOUR DECK AND FEEL THE SUN ON YOUR FACE--SO HEALING. PRAYERS FOR YOU ARE CONSTANT. LOVE YOU. PEGGY

Anonymous said...

IT'S PEGGY! LADEVA, AS I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT YOU TODAY THE THOUGHT OF CUSTARD COMES INTO MY MIND--MAYBE THAT IS SOMETHING YOU COULD KEEP IN YOUR TUMMY. IT IS SO EASY TO MAKE THAT YOU COULD DO IT,WITH NO EFFORT, WARREN.