Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday

This was Mama's best day since chemo! She has been outside several times to take a stroll through her yards, looking at her flowers and getting some fresh air. Jewel's has been taking great care of her. Mama said she has been spoiling her rotten, fluffing pillows, waiting on her and taking her outside for her little strolls. This evening Mama's sister Donna came up from southern Oregon. It was a sweet long awaited reunion. There were many tears of joy. Donna has been anxiously waiting for some sinus problems to clear so that she could come be with Mama. Thank you Auntie Donna for taking extra precautions to protect your sister. Mama's mouth and throat are better and her appetite is back. Daddy was preparing a big halibut and salmon dinner tonight, so Mama was looking forward to enjoying it. To see Mama having a good was such a relief. Thank you all for your prayers. Thank you Lord for your answered prayers.
With love,
Carmen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Deva,
Hallelujah! We're so happy you had a good day on Sunday! Hope the halibut and salmon were wonderful, too! We're glad Donna Jo is finally able to be there with you--I think she was just a tiny bit excited about heading north yesterday afternoon! And Julie--how great that she's there, too! I haven't seen her since we were little kids. Please give her a hug for me! We love you, Deva and are praying for your comfort and strength as you persevere through all this. Your cousins in Dallas, Karl and Candi

Mickey and Jeanne said...

This will make the fourth try I have made at getting a note to you. They never seem to show up, but in case you get this one - We love you and we continually hold you up in prayer.

Kim or Carmen or whoever - Would you please ask Julie where her Aunt Shirley is and how I can get in touch with her. I would really appreciate it.

All three of my other comments were long and lengthy - but I'm not going to go into as much here (just in case it doesn't get there). Just tell Precious I thought the Fish Fry sounded great, and that I think he is a pretty special guy.

I'm glad you had a good day. If this goes thru, I will write later and tell you about some marvelous things God did just this weekend. I do know one thing I am supposed to tell you and that is this: You are doing an awesome job - all of you - and God is well pleased. He knew He could trust you with the work He gave you, and the people you are touching and reaching for His glory are receiving blessing for their prayers and faith. That is what He has told me in my prayer time... HE KNEW HE COULD TRUST YOU WITH THE JOB HE GAVE YOU TO DO.... Love you...