Thursday, May 29, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Mom finished her last infusion around 3:00 this morning. They were told they would get discharged this morning, but as they were on hospital time it was not until 2:00 this afternoon.

Mom said it was heavenly getting home. Our sweet Maria is spending the night with Mom and Dad, and taking care of Mom during the night so Dad can get a full night’s rest. Mom did not sleep last night so he will appreciate the night of straight rest. Thank you Ria, we love you!
I spoke with Mom just before writing this and asked her if she wanted me to communicate anything in particular.

She said that she and Dad wanted you all to know how deeply grateful they are to each and every one of you for your love, prayer, support and encouragement. Mom says she sees you all as their “team”. She says many times when things are at the darkest, she thinks about how you are all interceding in prayer on their behalf and she is encouraged and so grateful. She said without you all she really is not sure how they would be able to face this giant.

We as her kids and family cannot communicate enough how very much we appreciate you and draw strength from your prayers. God has been so gracious to us in so many ways. He didn’t say that we would not have trouble in this world, just that He would be faithful in providing for us through it. God is good. He is providing, and giving us what we need to get through. One of those gifts is each and every one of you. Another is this blog. Thank you again John and Nichole. You are such precious blessings in my (our) life and I love and appreciate you. You are faithful in updating this at all hours of the day and night.

I didn’t get the whole story, but apparently Mom does not have to return to Seattle for the immune boosting shot tomorrow. She was tired and getting something to eat so I hurried off the phone. (Gotta feed that girl when she finally feels like eating something.) I will get more info later. That is a huge praise for her to have a full day of rest at home right after returning home.

Another giant down. Round two goes to Mom and Dad (and their team) and all the praise goes to her Creator and Savior.

With much love,
Kimberly and family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Warren and Ladeva,

what a legacy the two of you have passed on to your children and grandchildren. The love for family and the love of the Lord that I read in this blog are inspiring. How many lives are being touched as you travel through this trial you may never know, but lives are being touched, they are being changed.

I consider it a blessing to continue to lift you both up in prayer.

Have a restful day!
Ann Richardson :)

Anonymous said...

Yippee, Ladeva and Warren are home. Sweetie we are praying there will be NO COMPLICATIONS this time and you can have a restful time at home.
Now I know this blog is set up for Ladeva, but thank you Jerry for answering my question. I met you, Calvin and Don in the strawberry field across the road from where Ladeva lived when you first came to Wash. Oh how many years ago? Sure don't expect you to remember it. Didn't get acquainted with you but I did Don.
Okay, Ladeva girl, we will love you forever. I told Ed the other day you were always just special and he had to agree. Remember when Dennis Absire took us for a ride in his little green car during our lunch time at the berry field? Took off through the woods on a little logging road (I guess). Sure didn't know where we were going to end up at but knew I was sure going to be in trouble if we didn't get back to work on time. And then one year Donna and my brother Jerry burned up the field they picked so fast. hee hee. What funny memories I have of that berry field and sure can't share them all here, but they can make one laugh, and we all need that once in awhile.
Rest well dear girl and a scripture that comes to mind is Psalm 121; I won't take time to type it in but I'm sure you've read it many times.
Love ya,
Ed and Ruby

Anonymous said...

Whoops, that was Dennis Abshire not Absire. Guess I should proof read my typing.

Mickey and Jeanne said...

Wonderful news that you are home in your own space. Like Ruby, I am praying that there won't be any setbacks this time and that the time between now and the next session allows you to build up your strength. I gotta tell ya, Seattle is NOT for weaklings. We went up to see Bill today at Swedish and I felt like I was in a mad house. This little girl from the sticks does NOT like big city traffic. I told Mickey, when Bill has surgery on Tuesday you are going by yourself.... I will stay home and pray.
Donna said to keep sending songs... Another one of my favorites is Thank You For Giving To the Lord. Everyone knows that song, we've all heard it, but it is about two friends being together in heaven in a dream and how one is telling the other about all the things that had been done that were credited to them..... Little things unnoticed on earth, but in Heaven, proclaimed. My most favorite line, and I personalize it for you is this.
"I know that up in Heaven, we're not supposed to cry, but I could swear there were tears in your eyes, as JESUS took your hand, and you stood before the Lord, he said, "LADEVA - LOOK AROUND YOU, GREAT IS YOUR REWARD...." Trumpet fare, loud applause.... Deva, you are doing such an awesome job of witnessing what God has done in your life... I hope I am there to see you receive your reward. (Actually, I just hope I'm THERE... but you know what I mean.... Cuz, I love ya... ) And yes Donna, you may not remember me, but I remember you and that gorgeous red hair.... jeanne