Friday, May 16, 2008

Sunny Friday

Thursday:

Mom had a bit of a better day. She had nurses out in the morning and the decision had been made to give Mom her anti nausea meds through her iv and some hydration at home as well. This is great for her and will mean she does not need to go to Seattle for that. It was overwhelming to Dad at first. He has already been stretched beyond his imagination, but this was crazy. However, he did an AWESOME job and as of this morning (Friday) was very confident. He is doing a great job and it makes such a difference to not have to load up and drive to Seattle and sit in a waiting room with a suppressed immune system. We are grateful for every single thing she can do from home. This started with a Mom's "case manager". She is a liaison between the insurance and the patient to coordinate the best care for Mom and does ultimately save the insurance money vs it happening in the hospital. It is a win/win. I never knew there were case managers, so for everyone else out there that didn't know about them either, now you do. It's a good thing. We are so grateful for these folks.
Mom slept pretty well last night and I got to bunk with her. Dad slept in the guest room so I am hoping he feels better today.
Mom goes back up to UWMC Wednesday for the surgical filter removal, then back in the hospital Thursday for the chemo to start again. Please pray for her as she is beyond dreading this and has a bit of anxiety if she thinks about it.
Thank you for your prayer and words of encouragement.
We continue to be grateful for each of you.

With love and appreciation,
Kimberly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY LOVEY,
THE PRAYERS ARE STILL GOING UP WITH YOUR NAME ON THEM AND THEY WILL CONTINUE UNTIL YOU ARE ON YOUR FEET AND STRONG AGAIN WITH LOCKS OF WHO KNOWS WHAT COLOR HAIR!! ha i told shell last night it would be so cool if it came in bright red and curly!!!!!! ha
remember all those years that you teased me??? I KNOW THAT GOD HAS A SENSE OF HUMOR BUT I PROMISE I WILL NOT ADD THAT TO MY PRAYERS:)
WELL I LOVE YOU DEE, YOU KNOW THAT AND THAT WILL NEVER EVER CHANGE.
CAN HARLY STAND TO WAIT UNTIL SUNDAY TO SEE YOU!!! I PACKED MY BAG TODAY!!! I AM JUST WAITIING PATIENTLY TO GET IN THE CAR AND DRIVE LIKE A DANG FOOL MANIAC TO GET TO YOU. I WANNA MAKE JEFF GORDON PROUD!!!HA
IT IS HOT AND SUNNY HERE, SUPPOSED TO GET TO 100* TODAY. OH BABY!!!!!
TAKE CARE AND I WILL SEE YOU SOON.
LOVE YOU MUCH SIS.
djkz

Anonymous said...

Darlin' Deva,
You do have a cast of red in your hair, but I think Donna should at this point in our lives, not to wish you had Red locks, ha.
Just got on the blog and read DJ's epistle. What a sweet sister you have. I know you girls are my sisters. I asked Mother today if she would adopt you and she said, "yes, of course I'll adopt them." She's easy but would never give me a sister so you see why I want and need one or two so badly. Sounds like Warren is doing a bang up job taking care of you along with the others. What oh what would we do without them? You are so lucky to have such a tight family. DJ better wash up real good if it's 100 degrees in Oregon. Hear she will bunk with you. I'm so glad you two will finally be together.
Every day I pray for you several times aday. I'm retired you know? Comes in handy for prayer time. I send my love and hug and kisses til we meet again at Danny's. Today was Virginia's sister's birthday and I had to sing to her over the phone. Gag a magget!!!!!!!!
I'll go and say another prayer for the week-end. Stay strong. Your will power is as powerful as God's and he expects you to keep it up.
I love you. xoxoxoxo
Jerry