Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wonderful Wednesday

Mom has had a great day again!
God is always present and there is a reason in His plan for all things.
Mom so needed a "decent" experience this time through. God knew more than us what she needed and boy has He delivered!

I can not even express in words the day and night difference this has been for Mom.
I spoke with Mom this morning and she sounded so good. She started the Ifosfomide at 10:00 last night and though she had experienced no mental side effects on Tuesday, we know that as the uptake of the medication continues throughout her system, that it can change quickly. I slept well, but woke often and each time spent time praying for Mom and then would quickly fall back to sleep again. I know many others tell me the same thing and that she is covered in prayer throughout the night.

When I called this morning she had that sweet lilt in her voice and I knew God had blessed her with another good night.

When I spoke with Carmen this afternoon, she said they had all gone for a 3 1/2 hour fieldtrip from her room. They had gone down to the 3rd floor for a cooffee and licorice and stayed outside on a patio for the entire time visiting and enjoying the weather. Yes, I did say licorice. She is eating real food, coffee, and even some candy!

This afternoon she had an unexpected visit from a young man who is a volunteer at the hospital. He had a sarcoma tumor on his back and went through 12 rounds of chemo, radiation, and surgery and is doing really well. He was also one of Dr. Conrad's patients, and goes to the hospital to encourage sarcoma patients. He has decided to become a Dr. and is now in medical school. His name is Chris and he was a huge blessing to Mom, Dad and Carmen today. He told them that chemo does get a little easier as they figure out the best dose and your body gets into a routine of receiving it. He said his first rounds were terrible as well, but to hang in there.
He told them he would return tomorrow to speak with them more.

Ijust spoke with Carmen and she is still doing well with just minor side effects.
I feel so encouraged as I write to you and want to thank you each for your prayers for them. I know it isn't over yet and things could still change, but I am praising God for every day that is not full of pain, confusion, and fear. God is faithful in the good and bad times, but Mom is really enjoying the rest from the bad.

Thank you again for your love of my family. You are loved right back!

Kimberly and family

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HALLELUJAH!!!! THAT'S WHAT WE WANTED TO HEAR!!!!
LOVE YOU!
djkz

Anonymous said...

I never cease to be amazed how perfectly God works in putting people in our lives like the young man that visited you yesterday. HE IS SO AWESOME!!! We continue to pray for you daily and love you through our prayers. Like some of the others have said, I get a blessing just reading the blogs and the comments that come along. (Now I would prefer you didn't have to go through this for sure)
Bless you much sweet one and we will pray that your days will continue to bright in spite of the chemo.
Ed and Ruby Lord

Mickey and Jeanne said...

Yes, Yes, and again I say Yes... I KNEW when I wrote the other day that this time was going to go easier for you. You know that 'knowing' that God gives you.. The old, I KNOW, that I KNOW, that I KNOW.... peace of mind that only God can give. There will be setbacks of course, but it will get easier as it goes now... that is just something that I know. Don't be discouraged with nausea or confusion.... those are made worse by satan who would have you to complain and give up... but OUR GOD is in control and like I have told you before, He holds you in the palm of His mighty hand........... When the confusion comes, think of being on the back of an eagle, soaring above it all.... And think of the opportunities you will have to minister to others there who do not have the hope, assurance and support that you do. God has entrusted you with a MIGHTY job, and He KNOWS you can do it........ I do too.... We love you

Anonymous said...

HELLO LITTLE SISTER,
I AM SO GLAD TO HERE THIS NEWS. THE LORD IS SO GOOD. I KNOW THAT HE HAS PLANS FOR YOU. HOPE TO SEE YOU MORE THAN LAST TIME. HEY I WILL GO AND GIVE DARLENE A CALL AND READ THIS BLOG TO HER.WE ALL LOVE YOU SO MUCH.
LOVE FROG

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah, indeed!! This is such great news! Chris sounds like such a neat young man--what a ministry he has a cancer survivor with a willingness to help others through the chemo process. We're praying Friday (Happy 4th of July!) and the rest of your chemo days are as pain free as today has been. We love you, Karl and Candi

Anonymous said...

DEVA, WE ARE ALL SO HAPPY AND THANKFUL FOR THE NEWS, THAT THIS TIME AROUND, IT HAS BEEN BETTER. WE ARE HALF WAY. I GUESS THEY DON'T TAKE THE 4 TH OFF, DO THEY?;)ANYWAY, WE WILL BE HAPPY TO SEE YOU AGAIN, AT HOME. THE LORD IS SO GOOD TO US.

I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH........EDDIE