Saturday, July 26, 2008

Too many cooks in the kitchen!

Mom's i.v. meds come in a few colors. A very vibrant deep blue, for her methylene blue, and one of her chemo meds is a bright deep orange color.

So, when Troy and Maria got there with Sadie(4) and Nate (2), her methylene blue was almost done. Sadie looked at the bags and said "Grandma, what flavors do you have?"
Then, ever diligent, she noticed the "blue" med was almost empty and told Mom she better have the Dr. get her some more because she was almost out. It does look crazy that all those "flavors" are going in.

Mom said Maria had brought them lunch, or "people food", and so they didn't have to dine in the cafeteria for lunch. The nurse had brought the kids some Popsicles and Sadie and Troy were doing a puzzle together. Mom was so content to have them around her and happy to be able to enjoy them. Thanks for the grub Sis! We love ya!

They are precious. She's staying awake today and enjoying the kids, Troy and Maria.

If I could ask you to all pray for Matt Foster, I would appreciate it. Matt is Dayla Foster's 22 year old son.( Dayla is Mom and Dad's Niece, so I guess that makes Matt their great nephew?) Anyhow, he has been working hard on advertising for Mom's benefit, but is in the hospital with a collapsed lung and a chest tube. He's in pain and not able to hold food down. He is expected to stay in the hospital with the tube until in the least, Wednesday. We would appreciate your prayers for him. This is the second time this has happened to him and he may need more procedures in the future to help prevent it.

As always, thank you for your prayer and love,
Kimberly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO LADEVA,GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU AND THE GRAND KIDS ARE DOING GOOD. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM KIDS ALSO.
KIMBERLY I WILL BE PRAYING FOR ALL OF YOU GUYS I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME OUT TODAY. I WILL REMEMBER MATT. AND PRAY FOR HIM.
DEVA I LOVE YOU AND HOPE YOU GET THE FLAVOR OF YOUR CHOICE. WHEN I SEE RED I THINK OF LOVE, AND I THINK OF YOU. BYE FOR NOW.
WITH LOVE FROG

Mickey and Jeanne said...

How appropriate that the title of today's entry is Too Many Cooks in the Kitchen.... On the last Sunday of each month our little church has Pot Luck Sunday - and we truly do have some of the finest cooks in the country. Well for today I fixed a large crock pot with Spare Ribs and Saurkraut (which is excellent by the way - lots of onion, garlic and brown sugar...) AND I had gotten hungry for some Ham Hock and Beans so I have another crock pot with that simmering. Now, I need to tell you at this point that I have some serious stomach problems and beans are NOT good for me, although I was raised on them and love them dearly, plus Mickey cannot have them because they are LOADED with potassium which he can't have with his remaining kidney not functioning up to par. Okay... so, I never soaked my beans because I like them firm when I eat them. I want to know they are beans and not mush. However, because I do have such a problem (more than just the normal gas problems), I listened to my neighbor, an older widower who GUARANTEED ME FAITHFULLY that HIS method was a de-gasser extraordinaire. So, I soaked my beans overnight like he said, then drained the water off, put cold water on them, brought them to a rolling boil, then drained all the water and the FOAM off of them, put cold water on them, and brought them to a boil again, seasoned them, put in the onions, ham hock and celery, and set them on a back burner to simmer. OH WOW, WERE THEY EVER GOOD... not as firm as I like - but a good shot of vinegar and real butter and they were heavenly. De-Gassed???? NO WAY..... I could have powered a hybrid car easily. ALTHOUGH I did not get sick or have a lot of pain like I usually do, but let me tell you, them thar beans were almost lethal...... And the sweet thing is I am taking them to Pot Luck today.... Hope everyone else enjoys them as much as I did............ Don't you???
I have decided my neighbor either has a great sense of humor or he just doesn't know as much as he thinks he does. Besides, I wanted to inject some humor into your day - and knowing Warren, he will appreciate this story......

I'm glad your kids were able to spend the day with you yesterday. Those grandbabies are such a special treat and the best medicine going. We will be praying for you and the Family and for Matt as well. We love you Deva ---- m&j

Anonymous said...

HI LADEVA/WARREN, IT'S PEGGY ROBINSON! I'M B A C K!! BEEN GONE TO SITKA, ALASKA, AND THEN WHEN I RETURNED HOME, IT WAS WAY BEYOND TIME FOR OUR COMPUTER TO GET "CLEANED UP", OR WHATEVER THEY DO. I AM FAITHFUL IN PRAYER FOR YOU, EVEN THOUGH NOT IN TOUCH. WE LOVED THE PICTURE OF YOU AND THE "HEALING QUILT"--IT IS FULL OF LOVE, COMFORT AND HEALING, I'M SURE! IT IS RAINY TODAY, A NICE BREAK FROM THE WARMTH WE WERE GETTING USED TO! (HA-HA!) YOU WILL HEAR FROM ME SOON AGAIN. LOVE, PEGGY ROBINSON