Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday Sept 18,2011

There are times in all of our lives when we grow weary.
We get discouraged, feel defeated, and just plain feel sad and tired.
This has been a long road for mom and dad. The journey has been painful and seemingly at times unrelenting. It wears on the soul and causes discouragement that at times can seem overwhelming.
Saturday and Sunday morning have been like that. On Saturday mom woke looking forward to an afternoon at the Toledo park with family. She felt so sick she didn't know if she could even get in the car. By noon she was starting to feel some better and forced herself to go. She was able to stay for 3 hours and enjoyed being with family. She came home exhausted and spent. She didn't sleep well and today started the same way, sick, discouraged and so very sick of being sick. Dad has his own struggle. He wants to make her comfortable yet there is nothing he can do to alleviate her pain, nausea and exhaustion. He works tirelessly at keeping the meds straight, on schedule and food and fluids coming. They are both working so hard at every possible combination of food, meds, rest, fluids etc trying to find the winning combination. So far, they haven't found it. Mornings are always hard, and IF it's a good day, she won't start to feel better until afternoon.
It's a struggle every day. Some days they are fighting and winning. Some days they are fighting and feel like they are loosing ground. People ask me every single day " What can I do?" I ask this questions myself knowing full well that there is truly only one answer that could change their circumstance.
Prayer.
We ask that you continue to intercede on Mom's behalf in prayer.
Prayer can change circumstances.
I have to admit that we get discouraged, but then I remember who is in control of our lives. It is not us, the Dr.'s, or random happenstance. He will not leave us to walk through life's troubles alone. I am so grateful He is our strength and comfort.
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10
With much love and a grateful heart for all of you,
Kimberly and family

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DEAR LADEVA, I AM ONE OF MANY THAT WISH WE COULD DO SOME THING TO HELP YOU FEEL BETTER.LIKE KIM SAID GOD IS IN CHARGE SO I WILL KEEP PRAYING FOR YOU AND THE FAMILY.
I WAS SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU SAT.SORRY YOU COULD NOT HAVE BEEN UP TO ENJOYING IT MORE.
I ALSO WANT TO THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE SIGN YOU SENT ME.REMEMBER WHAT FROG STANDS FOR, FULL RELY ON GOD
WE LOVE YOU AND ALWAYS WILL.
LOVE FROG AND JAN

Anonymous said...

Hi Ladeva and Warren. Want to say thanks to Kim and Carmen for the updates they really help to stay in touch and be able to pray for specific areas for God to touch and bless with His presence.. My heart aches for you two and the pathway that you are on.. Will keep you in prayer daily.. Love and hugs Jerry Galster

Anonymous said...

Our Dahlin Deva and family,
Visited with Donna for about one and a half hours last evening. It was so good to know she and you, Deva, had time together. She is always a cheerleader and I know it gladens your heart to be with her. Nice group of folks at the get-together. Glad all of you made it in spite of your feeling so punk. We are praying for you daily my sweet little cousin. I love the blog and always enjoyo reading those who write. Pull Warren's ear for me. He's a real trooper. What a hubby? You are a very blessed woman to have such a wonderful family. All are so in love with you, dear. We pray you will improve each day. I know you get discocuraged, but one day things will be different in a positive way. Lovin' you always!
Jerry and Ginny xoxoxoxo