Saturday, September 17, 2011

Saturday Sept 17, 2011

We don't have much to add but I know that many of you are faithful to check the blog daily and get updates.
Thursday mom went to her primary care provider for a follow up appt.
Her regular Dr. is out on maternity leave so she saw a new Dr. It's always a little daunting when the Dr. does not know your medical history, but mom and dad felt like he spent a lot of time with them and really cared about her condition and meds. They were hoping to see if he could suggest any additional anti nausea meds or write a script for Requip. ( a Restless Leg Syndrome med she tried once in the hospital)
The verdict was that there is no other meds for nausea that she can take so he suggested ativan and zofran together again. He also felt like given the huge surgeries she has had and the meds she is on that Requip could potentially cause more harm than good so it's a no go.
She continues to battle constant nausea and dry heaves. It's exhausting and discouraging. the mornings are always the worst. If it's a good day she starts to feel better in the afternoon. This isn't everyday so please continue to pray for God's healing in this area especially.
Mom and dad are going to Toledo park today for mom's family get together. She won't be able to stay long but I pray she can see some family and hug some necks for a bit. It will be exhausting so I am sure she will be napping this afternoon.
She got to see her sister Donna yesterday who is also battling cancer. Donna has been through so much treatment including chemotherapy, and is going in soon for a mastectomy. She will continue chemo after for the bone cancer so we continue to lift her up in prayer as well and would ask you to do the same.
We are thankful to each and everyone of you.
Blessings on your day.
Kimberly and family

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might He increseth strength"......"Fear thou not; for I am with thee; be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I WILL strengthen thee; yea, I WILL help thee; yea, I WILL uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness.".....For I the Lord thy God WILL hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I WILL help thee." Is 40:29 and Is 41:10 & 13. God's words are so much better than mine. Love and prayers. Sylvia

Nancy Rhoades said...

Hi Deva, God bless you dear friend I pray that God will give you strength & healing. You Warren & family are in my thoughts & prayers many times a day.Take care.Love you, Nancy R.