Thursday, November 12, 2009

Recovering at Home

It is so good to be home again. With no one coming into the room to take vitals, Mama was able to get some better sleep last night. Her pain is under control as well as the nausea. Her incision site on her back is very sore, so she is continually trying to get comfortable. Her medication makes her very sleepy, but we are so thankful for her relief from the pain. Mama is still very weak. It is going to take some time to regain her strength again. She also continues to do breathing exercises to strengthen her lungs.

Mama's longtime friend Sandy Macomber is staying with Mama and Daddy to help with Mama's home care and give Daddy rest. She was also a huge help during Mama's first bout with cancer. Sandy, thank you so much. We love you dearly.

Mama enjoyed reading her cards and looking at her beautiful flowers today. She is feeling very loved. I believe this is the most smiles I have seen from her since surgery.

Thank you for your continued prayers and words of encouragement. We will keep you updated.

With love,
Carmen and family

4 comments:

Ruby said...

Hi Deva, I'm glad to hear that things are progressing for you. God is faithful!!! Tell Sandy that I said 'hi'. You two have been friends for so long and it is wonderful that she able to come and be with you. We continue to hold you up in prayer as does our prayer group. You are loved by so many but GOD LOVES YOU MORE!! There is a song Ed likes to sing and its an old hymn called 'The Love Of God'. I can't write all the words here but they are so good, if you have a chance and feel like it, look it up. You may even know it.
We love you sweet girl and wish you many many of God's precious blessings!
Ruby

Anonymous said...

HELLO DEVA, I HAVE TRIED TO WRITE YOU THREE TIMES, BUT YOUR BLOG DOES`NT LIKE ME.I WILL TRY AGAIN. I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH, AND YOU KNOW THAT I AM PRAYING FOR YOU. I WILL BE GLAD WHEN I CAN COME AND SEE YOU.
LOVE FROG

Anonymous said...

DEAR DEV:

I THOUGHT OF YOU ALL DAY..I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING MUCH BETTER EACH DAY. I THANK THE LORD EVERYDAY, FOR HIM CARING FOR YOU. I ALSO AM SO THANKFUL FOR YOUR KIDS, WARREN AND SANDY. I WILL BE HAPPY WHEN WE CAN COME TO SEE YOU, BUT I WANT TO WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE FEELING MUCH BETTER. I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH....EDDIE

John C. Wilson said...

Dear Deva,
Hi there my sweet Cousin Deva; I am very happy that you appear to be recovering so well! Sorry that I have been a mite slow in sending any type of correspondence to you, but I do keep up to date on how you are doing via your blog, and frequent mail from Eddie and Donna! I am doing a lot of praying to the Good Lord regarding your well being, and I suspect that is better for you than any sea story that I might come up with? God bless you my wonderful Cousin Deva, and your poor old Cousin John really does love you a big old bunch; get well quickly!
Cousin John