Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sat., January 17th

Mama has been feeling pretty good, but gets tired very easily. Today was a fun day. We had a big family get-together with Mom's side of the family. We had a great time visiting with everyone. It was nice to see Mama enjoying herself visiting. However, I'm sure she is exhausted tonight.

Tuesday, we will be heading back to Seattle. Mama will be starting her final round of chemo. This time they plan to give her both kinds of chemos, so she will be in the hospital until Sunday or Monday. Hopefully the reduction in the dosage will make a difference in her not getting as sick and less mouth and throat sores. Since plans seem to be forever changing, I will give an update once we get settled in and know more.

We covet your prayers during this last round of chemo. I know she will be so thankful to get this behind her. Thank you for your continued love, support and prayers.

With love,
Carmen and family

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ladeva,

My thoughts are with you on your upcoming FINAL round of chemo!!!
Maybe we can have a Yippe skipee no more dripee party, like we did for my cousin.

I hope you have no side effects like you have had before.

Love and blessings!!

Debbie G.

Anonymous said...

Ladeva, we will be thinking of you and our prayer are with you.
Love you girl,
Ed and Ruby

Anonymous said...

LaDeva, Hi Dale and I drove by yesterday when we were out for a drive but looked like you had lots of company. I love you and will be praying for you during your next round of chemo. We are all with you and most of all God is! I will get in touch when you get back home. Love Linda Hughes

Anonymous said...

My sweet Dahlin Deva,
I'm right there with you in spirit. I love you so much. Just wish there were some way to lessen your pain. Hang in there and this will soon be all over and you can have red hair if you want!!!!!!!!!!!
Lovin' U,
Jerry xoxoxo